The history of Hannemann Funeral Home mirrors much of the history of the Village of Nyack over the past half century. The white clapboard mansion on South Broadway became a funeral home in 1933 when Frank Wyman and J. Henry Mock went into business. In 1951, Mock and Robert McCloskey took over. Mr. Hannemann purchased the business from Mock and McCloskey and became the sole owner in 1957. Mr. Hannemann retired in 1983 and transferred ownership to Keith Taylor. Keith began working for Mr. Hannemann in 1970 while he was in the eighth grade, he is a licensed funeral director and has been the owner and operator of the funeral home since 1983.